so much holiday flavor in a beautiful belgian waffle
Good morning friends! I hope you’re all having an amazing holiday season. I haven’t even thought about taking down my Christmas tree or lights yet; I’m still in FULL swing 🙂 My family and I are celebrating Christmas a little later this year, that’s when all of us could get together! I’m so happy too! I have a house full of people, the drinks have been flowing, beautiful dishes have been passed, and great stories have been told; it’s the PERFECT time of year. I’m so excited about these gingerbread waffles too. The smell it brings to my kitchen and throughout the whole house is absolutely amazing. These are the kind of waffles that holiday breakfasts’ are made of.
These gingerbread waffles don’t just look amazing they taste amazing too. The warming tones of cinnamon and ginger topped with a sweet vanilla glaze drizzled over the crispy exterior of these soft Belgian waffles, will surely make you feel like you’re wrapped up in the holidays. I want these everyday and I want Christmas year round. Just kidding, that’d be a little much. But seriously, these gingerbread waffles are the ideal holiday breakfast for you and the family. So light and fluffy and unbelievably easy to make.
Happy Holidays, friends. Enjoy!
- 1¾ cup flour (I used whole wheat!)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1¼ cup milk
- ½ cup greek vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs
- For Vanilla Glaze Topping:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat Belgian waffle maker to medium-high heat
- In large mixing bowl whisk together all dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar, baking powder, ginger and salt)
- In separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients (melted butter, molasses, milk, yogurt and eggs)
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until just combines
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes
- Using a ½ measuring cup, scoop batter out and pour onto greased waffle iron
- Cook until waffle is crispy on the outside and golden brown
- To prepare vanilla glaze:
- Using an electric mixer, mix powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract until well combined. If drizzle is too thick, add 1 teaspoon incrementally and continue mixing.