The best french toast, just like mom used to make.
One of the things I look forward to on the weekends is waking up to a nice warm, delicious breakfast. The one food that comes to mind is french toast. So warm and comforting, especially when it’s cold outside, like it is right now in Colorado. Cold and windy. I just want to get a big plate, fill it up with french toast, drench it with hot syrup, grab my blanket and plop down on the couch next to the fire.
This french toast recipe is so easy to make and only takes a few minutes. It’s definitely a classic that’ll keep everyone happy and warm when its cold outside. Enjoy!
- 8 slices texas toast
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For topping: powdered sugar, butter, and syrup
- Preheat griddle to medium heat
- In shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon until all incorporated
- Dip each slice of bread in egg mixture, turning both sides to coat evenly. Be careful to not over-soak the bread!
- Cook a few minutes each side until golden brown
- Top with powdered sugar, butter and syrup or whatever toppings you may like