for all you chocolate fanatics out there, this one’s for you.
In the famous words of Forrest Gump, “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” One of my favorite movies, for sure!
In this case though, I know exactly what you’re gonna get: the warmest, fluffiest stack of chocolate pancakes with melty chocolate chips inside every bite, topped off with hot white chocolate sauce and more chocolate chips. Chocolate enough for ya? I sure hope so! Especially when that craving hits… This’ll be your new go-to for breakfast, brunch, or brinner (my favorite).
These are super easy to make and they’re fridge/freezer friendly as well. Enjoy!
- 1½ cups flour (I used whole wheat!)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees
- Mix together all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl including chocolate chips
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, mix together all wet ingredients including egg
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk together until just combined
- Using a ¼ measuring cup, scoop out batter and pour onto hot, greased griddle
- Flip pancakes when bubbles start to form and underside is golden brown, about 3 minutes
- When both sides are golden brown, serve immediately and top with white chocolate sauce and chocolate chips