the post-workout breakfast of champs.
So, you just got done with a killer morning workout. Don’t go to the pantry and raid the closest box of pop tarts, that’s not healthy! Instead, try out these supa healthy blender waffles. They are loaded with protein and the perfect balance of carbohydrates and fats. Add a slice of butter and some maple syrup and you’ve got a great breakfast that will help you recover faster so you’re ready for your next hard workout.
They are so easy to make too, just throw everything in the blender and blend until smooth. Pour onto hot waffle iron, and BOOM! Waffles! Super healthy. Enjoy!
- 1½ cups oats
- ⅔ cup greek vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- splash of milk if batter is too thick
- Preheat waffle maker to medium-high heat
- Place all ingredients in blender
- Blend until smooth
- Add a splash of milk if the batter is too thick and re-blend to combine
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook about 5 minutes